EXTERNAL BURSARY ADVERTISEMENT FOR 2018
The National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) of South Africahereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the external bursary programme for the 2018 academic year. The NDMC bursary seeks to fund selected students enrolled for a higher qualification in Disaster Risk Science and/or Disaster Management at a public institution in South Africa.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
- Applicants must have registered at a South African public institution of higher learning of their choice by the time the bursary is awarded; and
- Students who are financially needy and are South African citizens.
Applicants should submit the following documents with the application forms:
- Brief Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- A National Senior Certificate, having passed all subjects with 60% and above (students already at Institutions of Higher Learning should have obtained an average of 60% and above in all major subjects and must attach the 2017 academic year results)
- Proof of enrolment or acceptance letter from the public tertiary institution
- Certified copy of a valid South African Identity Document
- Proof of residence
- Proof of income (for parents/ guardians in the case of dependants) or an affidavit with supporting documents in cases where the student does not have one, or both parents
- Disclosure of other sources of financial support.
Click here to access application form
The bursary programme will cover the following:
- Book allowance
- Research allowance
- Meals and Accommodation costs, depending on availability of funds.
Application forms are available from the NDMC website: www.ndmc.gov.za. Successful students are expected to enter into a bursary contract with the NDMC. The agreement contains all general provisions related to the bursary programme.
Applications should be posted to:
The Director: Disaster Risk Management, Education, Training, Awareness and Research, Private Bag X804, Pretoria, 0001.
All enquiries should be directed to: Ms M. Macheli, tel. (012) 848 4614 or by email: email@example.com or Mr M.H. Kgwetiane, tel. (012) 848 4615 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30 MARCH 2018.
Applications submitted by email will not be considered and late applications will not be accepted.
NB: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates on or before 27 April 2018.
There are no upcoming events